Friday, June 1, 2012

May - 365 Day Project

So I am a bit behind on blogging, May was a crazy month and we have continued to stay very busy....so I am cheating and back dating a few of these posts.  I am still loving our 365 day project, Connor is changing so fast, it really is fun to see how much from day to day & month to month.  What happened in May might you ask....A LOT!!

Connor's top teeth came in full force - I finally got a picture of the two front teeth on May 2nd.

Connor turned the big double digits (10 months that is) on May 4th...that is also the day I gave notice to the Hofbrauhaus...I got a new job!!!  They did not need me to work my 2-weeks notice, so I took the next 9 days off to work on house projects that have been on the back burner, run errands & Connor and I even got to have a Mommy & Me play day on May 9th...shared with Carrie, Audrey & Chase.

On May 11th we took Connor to his first UNLV baseball game (also a date night for Audrey & Connor).  You can see all the fun photos from that evening on the previous blog post!

On May 19th Connor enjoyed his first dinner at Fogo de Chao - my new restaurant! I am in love with my new restaurant and Connor enjoyed his visit too!  The cheese bread & fried bananas were his favorite.

May also was the month Connor learned to stand on his own & started taking his first steps...not officially walking but so so close.  May 6th, I caught a picture of him standing by himself.  He would let go of whatever he was balancing on if he had two toys to bang together.  By the end of May, see May 21st, he was standing up and balancing all by himself in the middle of the room.  He also started pushing his walker up & down the hallway, see May 20th.

The last week of May was not our best week ever...although you can't really tell by the pictures.  Connor came down with Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease (I found disease a bit of a harsh word, more like a virus).  Of course he picks 3 weeks after I started a new job to come down with a contagious virus that would keep him home from daycare all week, but thankfully Blair was able to work from home and stay with him.  Minus the yucky rash and slight crankiness, you really would never have known the kid was sick, although he did manage to pass the virus on to all of us, including my family that was visiting from Phoenix (he is so generous with his germs).  Lucky for all of us, it does not affect adults the same way as kids and we were just not feeling 100% for a few days.

Lastly in May Connor finally said Ta Ta to the Ta Tas :).  With me starting a new job, we decided it was time to say goodbye to nursing and transition Connor to formula.  I am so thankful it was an easy transition and Connor is doing great on the formula.  We made it almost to his 11-month birthday, so I am pretty proud of both of us.

As I said, May was a crazy month and as you can see we stayed very busy.  Lots of growth & changes and I have no doubt we are not slowing down any time soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment